Tuesday 26 June 2007

Thomas Saddington of Market Harborough, Leicestershire - Banker's Clerk - died 1833

From The National Archives - Catalogue Reference: Prob 11/1814 - transcribed by me, with a little help from the Private Client Department at my place of work.

This is the last Will and Testament of me Thomas Saddington of Market Harborough in the County of Leicester Bankers Clerk being of sound mind memory and understanding ffirst I give and bequeath unto my daughter Mary the wife of John Webb the sum of twenty five pounds to be paid by my Executrix hereinafter named to and for her sole and separate use outright And I do declare that the receipt of my said daughter Mary Webb alone shall be a sufficient discharge to my said Executrix notwithstanding her coverture nor shall the same be liable to the debts engagements control or intermeddling of the said John Webb and all and singular my household goods and furniture plate linen and china and all my monies securities for money money in the public stock or funds and all other my personal Estate and Effects whatsoever and wheresoever and where I have power to dispose I give and bequeath unto my daughter Anna Saddington to and for her own use and benefit absolutely she paying thereout all my just debts funeral expenses the said legacy and testamentary charges and I do hereby nominate and appoint my said daughter Anna Saddington sole Executrix of this my Will hereby revoking and making void all former and other will and Wills by me at any time heretofore made and do declare this and this alone to be and contain my last Will and Testament in witness whereof I the said Thomas Saddington the testator have to this my last Will and Testament set my hand and seal this fifth day of March in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and twentynine - Tho Saddington

Signed sealed published and declared by the above named Thomas Saddington the testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses - Felix Falkner, Wm Andrews Solr Harborough

Proved at London 9th October 1833 before the Judge by the Oath of Anna Saddington Spinster the daughter and sole Executrix to whom Admon was granted having been first sworn by Grantor duly to administer.


Leicestershire and Rutland Record Office - Market Harborough Parish Registers
DE1587/11 - Marriages 1801-1812


No. 103
John Webb of the Parish of St Martin Borough of Leicester Bachelor & Mary Saddington of this Parish were Married in this Chapel by Licence this sixth Day of Decembr in the Year One Thousand eight Hundred and seven by me E Dardy Minister

This Marriage was Solemnized between us - John Webb, Mary Saddington
in the Presence of - Sarah Bats(?), Geo Webb, Henry Martin


If these events relate to your family, please let me know.

No comments: