Monday 18 August 2008

Special Offer on DNA Tests

Just a quick post to let you know that I have had an email from FamilyTreeDNA to say that they are doing special offers on Project DNA Tests until the end of August.

For example, a 37 marker Y-DNA test, which is the test which I would recommend as providing the most useful amount of information at the moment, is $119 instead of $189. That equates to about £63.80 instead of about £101.38.

In addition to that, the Saddington DNA Project also has about $18 in its General Fund, which I can allocate towards the cost of a test. This is thanks to a kind donation from a Saddington descendant. I am afraid that it will be first come, first served as far as this is concerned.

If you are interested, please visit the Saddington DNA Project, read through the information, and then send me an email at saddington@one-name.org to see if there is still money in the General Fund.

If there is, I will sort out allocating it to you. If not, and you still want to play, then we will take it from there. Also, please let me know where your Saddingtons are from, so that I can slot you into the right place in the jigsaw.

Please note that, in order to participate, you will either need to be a male Saddington or, if you are a female Saddington, have a male Saddington willing to take the test on behalf of your branch of the family.

I shall have limited access to the Internet from Wednesday 27 to Sunday 31 August, so if you do want to participate, please contact me as soon as possible.

No comments: